Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dear Pooka

Dear Pooka,

We miss you so much. I am so sad you are gone and that you were so scared after you fell out the window. But we love you so, so much and we always will.

You were so special right from the moment Poppa Cat saw you at the shelter. Right then, he knew we had to get you. You made every single day better and you made us smile so much. We considered you part of our family and tried to make you as happy as possible here. You seemed to enjoy playing with us and spending time in our apartment, and I'm so happy we got to spend that time with you.

We also got you a kitty friend, Alvin, because you were so playful and we were gone so many weekends. You taught him how to be a nice, playful friend and now he misses you so much. He cried for you after you were gone and he is so clingy now. He doesn't have anyone to kitty-wrestle with and it makes me so sad. I'm glad you showed him how to jump on the door even if he never really understood why he did it.

Our apartment feels so empty without you. Your pictures and memories are everywhere. You were such a large part of our lives, and you always will be. I'm so happy I took so many pictures and videos of you so we can always remember how cute and playful you were. You were definitely a very special kitty and you were loved by everyone who met you. You got to travel to New York and New Jersey, and visit with many friends who stopped by Maine. You loved everybody and everybody loved you.

I never thought we'd have to say goodbye this soon, but sometimes accidents happen and life surprises us when we least expect it to. It's been so hard to be here without you, but you will always be with us in our hearts. We even made a list of thing we love and miss about you and we add to it every day. No kitty can ever replace you, and we will probably never find a kitty as cute as you were. Thank you for being such a wonderful part of our lives and for giving us so much love while you were with us. We will always remember you and love you.

We miss you, Pooka.

Love,
Momma Cat


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how special Pooka was. She was a rare lady... with a big heart and a big personality. She was so lucky to have such loving parents... and you two (three!) were lucky to have her. I miss her so much and am just awash with such warm feelings when I think of her. She always made me smile and laugh. What an amazing cat. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete